President and Chief Executive Officer
Scott Sime is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Sime Realty Corporation, a commercial and residential brokerage company with a strong emphasis on customer service. Scott grew up on Key Biscayne from 1962-1982 and has since resided in Coral Gables with his wife and daughter. Scott’s mother was the Vice Mayor of Key Biscayne and his father was a world record setting sprinter who ran in the 1960 Olympics and who later became an Ophthalmologist in Miami.
Prior to founding Sime Realty Corporation, Scott was the Managing Director of CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) in Miami-Dade County. CBRE is the largest publicly traded commercial real estate firm in the world. There Scott was responsible for day-to-day operations of the organization. In this role, Scott oversaw 110 employees, including administrative, valuation and appraisal, marketing and research professionals and 70 seasoned real estate brokers, who specialize in all areas of commercial real estate. Prior to his tenure at CBRE, Scott was a real estate broker with The Codina Group. In total, Scott has been in Miami since 1962 and has more than 28 years of commercial real estate experience in the local market.
Scott has completed real estate transactions with The University of Miami, Baptist Health South Florida and PS Business Parks. He and his team have completed some of the largest commercial real estate transactions in South Florida including the sale of the Miami International Commerce Park valued at $206,000,000. Sime Realty Corporation currently represents a portfolio consisting of 35 properties totaling approximately 2,000,000 square feet.
Scott is currently a board member of the following organizations: The Miami Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, The Orange Bowl Committee, The University of Miami Real Estate Advisory Board and He is currently the Chairman of The City of Coral Gables Economic Development Council, appointed by the current Mayor.
- Member of the University of Miami Real Estate Advisory Board
- Board Member, Orange Bowl Committee
- Board Member, Miami Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Board Member, The Beacon Council (2008)
- Trustee Member, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce
- Member, I.A.D.C. (Industrial Association of Dade County)
- Associate Full Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – State of Florida
- Licensed Mortgage Broker
- CB Richard Ellis President’s Performance Award
- Silver Knight Award from The Miami Herald
- Florida’s largest Industrial Transaction – $206M, ± 3.4 million square foot sale of the Miami International Commerce Center (MICC) portfolio to PS Business Parks (2003)
- South Florida Business Journals Top Industrial Lease of the Year Award – 148,750 square foot Eagle Global Logistics/Crowley lease transaction (2004)
- Represented Invesco in the ± 662,000 square foot North River Commerce Center in Medley, Florida
- Bachelor of Arts, Duke University
- Master of Business Administration, University of Miami